What is Iran Kabkab Date?
Iranian Kabkab Date is a wet Date which has semi-dried texture,and also it is long ,row, dark brown and after Astamaran ,Shahani and Mazafati Dates ,Kabkab Date has the most economic value in Iran. Kabkab Date is can be considered as most important and the most abundant Date fruit in world and Iran which can be grown in most tropical cities of Iran .
Kabkab Date History
All the ِِDates are difference in terms of size, type, color, water, sugar levels, shapes and sizes and depend on the type of soil, water, air and moisture in cultivation. The Date production of each region and the main figures of exports are important. Some of Date figures such as Shahani, Mazafati, and Kabkab are very good and are the best qualities of Dates in the world.
Kabkab Date can be grown in most tropical cities of Iran which the most are including:
- Khesht and Kamarj areas of the Kazerun in the Fars province :
Kazerun city is one of important and most extensive cities of the Fars province (one of the 31 provinces of Iran) that is settled in the southwest, of the Iran country. So, its dry and hot weather has caused the city is rich in Date palm. Kazerun city with a similar level of 4 thousand and 600 hectares is one of the major areas in the province of palm production, which are produced annually about 30 thousand tons of ِِDates in the Kazerun.
- Dashtestan city of the Borazjan in the Bushehr Province:
Dashtestan city is one of important and most extensive cities of the Bushehr Province (one of the 31 provinces of Iran) that settled in the south of the country.so, its dry and hot weather has caused the city is rich in Date palm (Date palm only agricultural product of this province that are exported). This city has the first place in production of Date palm and citrus.Around 16,250 hectares of land in the city of palm cultivation. Dashtestan city’s economy dependent on agriculture products, especially Date palm.
Where is Kabkab Growing?
Kabkab Date is one of the most widely used and delicious wet ِِDates in the world that can be grown in most tropical cities of Iran but the most kind of Iranian Kabkab Date fruit is cultivated in Khesht and Kamarj areas of the Kazerun and Dashtestan cities(Borazjan).
The Date also is grown in other cities which have suitable condition such as Khormuj, Behbahan, Kazerun, Jahrom and Tabas.The cultivated Date palm in Behbahan has a sweet taste and compared to Dashtestan Kabkab Date is smaller.
Kabkab Date Moisture
Kabkab Date is soft in nature and has high moisture. Its moisture is under %18.
Kabkab Date color
Kabkab Date in the Khark and Rutab stages (process) is yellow and when become ripe; its color turns into dark brown.
Kabkab Date Shape
- Kabkab Date Shape is so long, oval, round, wet,row, soft and very fine texture.
- Its weight of each fruit is between 9 to 15 grams and the color of the fruit in final stage is brown black.
- This Date fruit has a hard skin and the flesh to put rate is roughly 9.25. The pit is an oval long grey in color which is highly-cling to the flesh.
Kabkab Date Size
Kabkab Date Size is so long, round and its typical size is about 3.5 to 4 cm.
Kabkab Date Types
The Kabkab Date planting areas in Iran are:
- Khesht and Kamarj areas of the Kazerun in the Fars province
- Dashtestan city of the Borazjan in the Bushehr province
- Behbahan city in the Southeastern of Khuzestan province: Very sweet and full of syrup
And each can be divided into into two types of pitted and unpitted.
Kabkab Date Taste
Kabkab Date taste is very delicious sweet and full of syrup.
Kabkab Date Harvesting Time
Kabkab Date harvesting time is Mid-September.
Kabkab Date Packing
Our company is always offering high quality products and most favorable service for our buyers, we take quality as important as service. Packaging and export of these Date Fruit which within the thirty years ago, the company have had impressive record in this field.
Features of Kabkab Date Packing:
- Our product is available in three grades of AAA, AA and A
- Having a brand in the domestic and international level
- Packaging: 500 Gr Carton Box 700 Gr Carton Box 5 Kg Carton Box 10 Kg Carton Box
Kabkab Date keeping temperature
Kabkab Date is a wet Date fruit which can be kept in normal temperature of room at about 6 months under interim fumigation (doesn’t require the fridge).also it keeps in the dry and cold place for long term.
Kabkab Date nutrition fact
All ِِDates due to the natural nutritious substances have high nutritious value. Kabkab, Zahedi, Piarom, Rabbi, Mazafati ِِDates are all rich of nutrition and contain minerals (potassium, magnesium, protein and etc.), Vitamins (like vitamin A, vitamin B complex, vitamin C and etc.) and sugars (like fructose and etc.).
The Date fruit consists of 70 % carbohydrates (mostly sugars), making it one of the most nourishing natural foods available to man. The water content is between 15 to 30 % depending on the variety and on the maturity stage of the fruit.
In most varieties, the sugar content of a Date fruit is almost entirely of the inverted form (namely glucose and fructose), important for persons who cannot tolerate sucrose. The invert sugar in ِِDates is immediately absorbed by the human body without being subjected to the digestion that ordinary sugar undergoes. The flesh of ِِDates contains 60 to 65 % sugar, about 2.5 % fiber, 2 % protein and less than 2 % each of fat, minerals, and pectin substances. Date fruits are also a good source of iron, potassium and calcium, with a very low sodium and fat content. In addition, moderate quantities of chlorine, phosphorous, copper, magnesium, silicon and sulphur are also found in the Date fruit.
Its high content of magnesium (±600 mg/1kg of ِِDates) could also be very beneficial.
With only 1 mg of sodium per 100 g, ِِDates are good food for those on a low sodium diet. The iron content of 3 mg per 100g is almost a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for an adult male. Note that fiber, even though it is not a nutrient for humans, is of much value in a diet as an aid to digestion and evacuation. There is ample evidence that for most persons a diet fairly high in fiber is healthier than one low in fiber.
Furthermore, ِِDates are a good source of vitamins A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), and B7 (nicotinic acid also called niacin). The following contents per kilogram are an average for all Date varieties: vitamin A, 484 international units; B1, 0.77 milligram (mg); B2, 0.84 mg; and B7, 18.9 mg.
Kabkab Date Seed
- Date fruit seeds have been demonstrated to possess high antioxidant activities due to their high content of flavonoids and phenolic compounds. Date seeds oil is suitable for use in soap and cosmetics. Date palm seeds contain 0.56–5.4% lauric acid. They can also be processed chemically as a source of oxalic acid.
- The seeds are also burned to make charcoal for silversmiths, and can be strung in necklaces. Date seeds are also ground and used in the manner of coffee beans, or as an additive to coffee.
- Dates can be eaten plain or used for cooking in chopped form for cakes, sweet, pudding, bread, ice cream, cereal, candy. Surplus Date is used in jam, jelly, juice, syrup, vinegar and alcohol.
Kabkab Date Production
- Dry or soft ِِDates (Kabkab,Rabbi, Piarom, Mazafati, and etc.) are eaten out-of-hand, or may be seeded and stuffed, or chopped and used in a great variety of ways: on cereal, in pudding, bread, cakes, cookies, ice cream, or candy bars. The pitting may be done in factories either by crushing and sieving the fruits or, with more sophistication, by piercing the seed out, leaving the fruit whole. The calyces may be mechanically removed also. Surplus ِِDates are made into cubes, paste, spread, powder (Date sugar), jam, jelly, juice, syrup, vinegar or alcohol.
- Also other products such as palm sugar, chocolate, Fruit Bar, raw material of some soft drinks which comes, in addition to high durability, shipping is easy and requires no refrigeration.
Kabkab Date Exporting Markets
Kabkab is one major species of wet Date with huge annual yield. This Date can be considered as the most widely and delicious used kind of Date fruit in Iran and can be grown in most tropical cities of Iran. The largest portion of this product is consumed in domestic markets, but due to production growth with high quality during the recent years steps have been taken for exporting this product.
Our company exports their products to all over the world including UAE, Iraq, India, Russia, Ukraine, Pakistan, Europe and other countries.
Kabkab Date Supplier
gilda is one of the most prominent and the largest supplier of the Date Fruit in Iran . 00989132896373